View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 11:58 AM
Master

That's a question I've never heard before. Nor can I ever remember this subject ever cropping up in any literature of any kind.

The main hindrance to such a possibility would surely be, if this could happen, that you'd be repeating something you've already done. If you went back in time and blew up the Houses of Parliament one year before Guy Fawkes appeared on the scene then we'd see history as different now.

Having said that it could be of course that you were Guy Fawkes and the history we have today is as it is because you were once born 'backwards'.

Another thing is that if we could get into a space ship that flew faster than light we'd then be able to look back (out of the window I mean) and see our planet as it was earlier in time, whenever. This would be like us watching the stars in the sky knowing that light takes so long to reach our eyes that the stars we see in the present might not be there any longer.

Presumably there is only one time - the Now - and that flashes away at a tremendous rate - Ithink this is the only 'place' where we could exist. It's also possible that this Now is also eternity but we can't recognise it as such.