View Single Post
Old 22-03-2012, 01:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Keith
But THIS week we have a special offer going. Half price on indulgences and you can even keep that crystal skull and the other New Age stuff as long as it's not in the same room with your Bible.

As long as I can leave the hell, devil, judgment items with the proprietor for proper, quick and orderly disposal you got a deal!

Quote:
On a more serious note (and this is more of a response to Lightworker) - Christianity is a pretty diverse bunch, and most Christians in the world (Catholics and Orthodox) do NOT regard the Bible as the the sole repository of truth.

You are correct, I was raised orthodox and that IMO is the least "toxic" of the traditional christian religions

Quote:
Back in the days of early Christianity, it was an even MORE diverse group, with versions of Jesus' teaching being circulated that most Christians today wouldn't recognize. Read Bart Ehrman's "Lost Christianities" for examples.

And for hundreds of years after Jesus, there wasn't any one agreed-upon list of what the Bible should consist of. Nor is there today, for that matter.

You are preaching to the choir reverend keith. I really hope that your open minded christian teachings and analysis catch on.