View Single Post
Old 29-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Master
Have you ever made contact on the spiritual plane with the cat? If he can communicate wtih you, I wonder if you'll find some peace.

I want to share with you my story. A few years back, I was feeding a feral cat in my backyard. Since I also have an indoor/outdoors cat, I had to capture him and bring him to the vet for vaccinations/neutering/check-up. I cannot take any chances on my kitty catching contageous diseases from the other cat. I brought the feral cat in through the Feral Cat Focus program. I signed a form okaying euthasia should the cat have Feline AIDS or Feline Leuk which are both very contageous. The cat never came home with me. They had to put him down. I was totally devastated.

I just totally thought of the feral cat after reading your post. I put him in the back of my mind because I couldn't deal with the fact that I had inadvertantly caused his death. You, on the other hand, tried to save him the best you can. It's ok to feel sad. Given time, the aches will lessen. It has only been a couple of weeks since the incident and it'll be fresh on your mind for awhile. Plus, you were also thinking of the owner not knowing what happened to the cat. *Hugs*