View Single Post
Old 28-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Dilchannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
Dilchannan, you are the one that is picking and choosing from the bible what you want to believe and act upon.

I follow Jesus's teachings.

Matthew 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Not:

"He who spareth the rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him correcteth him betimes" (Proverbs 13:24) and "Withhold not correction from a child: for if thou strike him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and deliver his soul from hell." (Proverbs 23:13-14)

Which one do you follow or do you follow both?

Or:

Leviticus 20:13

13If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Yet Jesus said nothing about Homosexuals other than love you neighbor and do not to Judge anyone. Do you kill homosexuals as the O.T. tells you too? I assume you don't.

Shabby you are only taking certain scriptures to make you feel better. Read the whole Bible. Seriously read it, and study it. You like to quote from it, but you have know idea what you are quoting...

Yes some things we do in private, not tell all in a forum. That is between you and God. There are also times to come together with fellow Christians and Honor, Praise and Glorify God. To testify. To build one another up.

Your quoting back and forth from the Old and the New (trying to show contradiction) tells me you have yet to understand, but keep going! Your heading in the right direction.

Hate the sin, not the sinner...

Peace be with you.