View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator
Physical pain is really hard. It is often difficult to focus the mind on anything when in terrible pain.
If you have medical assistance, they should be able to work out a pain management plan for you. That can make you a lot more comfortable and pain free.
If you are alone then a good painkiller which you are sure suits your system is a good idea. But if you are in doubt or have a serious condition do ask the doctor first.
There is no dishonour in taking pain relieving medication if you really need it for physical pain. But if this is chronic you may be afraid of addiction. Have you tried acupuncture? That can help sometimes.

I have always found sleep to be helpful, and often have the ability to go into deep sleep even if I am in pain. Yes that is an escape mechanism. But it is also true that deep sleep is restorative and healing can take place there. It seems to be a natural instinct with me to sleep deeply if I am in pain. I am fine when sleeping. Feel nothing. Waking up can be tricky.

If you are unable to sleep or are wakened by pain in the night etc, then take some pain relief. Then think loving and sweet thoughts about anything you can manage to focus on but which means something to your heart and Soul. If it makes you cry, that's okay. Those thoughts might help.