View Single Post
Old 22-05-2019, 02:50 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Another one bites the dust!!! .......AKA....The Fall Of the vegan YouTube Stars!!!!

Last Sunday a very popular and successful vegan YouTube star was brought down by....(GASP) The public exposure that she was consuming animal protein (fish).

Why??? Because she had developed serious health problems associated with being a vegan!

And I quote. "she had only been eating fish for two months, as a remedy to the health complications she developed after six years as a vegan."

Or how about former vegan YouTuber Bonnie Rebecca who posted long videos to her fans about why she had to start consuming animal proteins again because of digestive issues associated with a pure vegan diet???

So any thoughts on when people will finally give up on this silly, provably unhealthy and dangerous fad diet????

https://www.thedailybeast.com/vegan-...e-change-diets

I have been eating a vegan diet since 2007. In that time, I have weaved in and out of the, "community". I use that term loosly as there really isn't a community with one unifying goal.

When I first started my vegan diet, there wasn't much awareness of veganism. At least your average person didn't know what it was. I was more or less out on the fringes with my friends and family. People thought I was strange but they accepted it.

Probably around 2014 I noticed a trend on "Youtube" (at least that's when I began paying more frequent attention to Youtube). Suddenly veganism seemed to be gaining popularity. New channels were popping up, IE Freele, Vegangainz etc.

I must admit I felt quite enamored. It was wonderful seeing people for whom I thought at the time, understood me. And so for a while, I was really into their stuff. For the next couple years, I followed several vegans on Youtube, often getting swept into their way of thinking.

Over that time, I began to notice things were not quite so perfect. It's the same problem I have noticed with other types of communities. It's as if the things that made the community special, it's message, or it's meaning gets corrupted.

Many of the so-called Youtube vegans are attention seekers, or narcissistic melodramatists. They like to stir up drama and create controversy. A lot of the vegan activists want an all or nothing outcome.

Around 2016, I noticed a counter movement, within many conservate circles, slamming veganism. I think many of these conservatives are reactionary to veganism because they see much of it as leftist ideology. And then added to that, those conservates who are merely opportunists looking to stir up controversy to get more views.

With all these factors combined, veganism is the hot topic. It's not just a diet, or a personal choice. No. It's an agenda.

Because of all the vilenss these days on both sides, I want to stay as far away as I can.