View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 10:53 PM
Master
An altar under construction for Morrigan

Hi,

I thought I'd share a bit of my journey with Morrigan.

For several months I had a much stronger calling from Morrigan (aka The Morrigan) compared to when I was a kid. Looking back at that time, She had been reaching out to me but I wasn't able to respond due to ignorance about various pagan paths and being involved with Christianity.

Now that I'm able to begin a relationship with Her, I felt guided to build an altar for Her. The purpose of the altar is to meditate in front of it. In Druidry, altars aren't used as much as they are in Wicca so I looked at a lot of wonderful altars made by Wiccans to gain inspiration from them. I got a bunch of ideas for the altar which came to me at about 1am one night. I suspect She had given me such inspiration.

The market doesn't have much of what She wants for an altar so I have to craft some special items. So far, I have these for a beginning which I collected under Morrigan's guidance.

The brown bear will stay as is because Morrigan wants it to represent Her. The bear symbolizes earth energy.

The purple candles symbolize psychic development and the blue candles symbolize spiritual development which I suppose Morrigan will help me with those.

The glass bottles will be spray painted black and be used for moon water and moon salt. I have yet to find decent crow feathers to craft a consecration tool. The salt symbolizes land, the water is for the sea and the feathers are the sky.

The plate will be spray painted black then decorated. I hope I can draw the Celtic cross (the even armed one) well.

That's it for now.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)