View Single Post
Old 25-01-2019, 07:05 PM
Master

Well I had the 23 and Me dna test done about a year ago. I oped to know of risk factors to diseases. And I have not been disappointed. 23 and Me sends me questionnaires all the time that I have mostly completed. In turn they send me new tidbits of information as they discover it. It's all interesting.

Now I am doing the Ancestry dna test because I am having the professionals at Ancestry do my family tree. I found out after I purchased the Ancestry dna test that they can just access the 23 and Me dna results, but I'm glad I went ahead and did the Ancestry dna test because I will be able to connect with all of the Ancestry relatives as well (the two companies don't share customer data). And the tests are relatively cheap anymore if you wait until they have them on sale.

What I have discovered it both companies are doing ongoing research with the results they receive by sending questionnaires as to our habits, emotional traits, eating patterns, etc. I even took a hearing test from 23 and Me the other day (I found out I had a hearing problem which I already knew due to tinnitus).

I think we need to give them time. This is a brand new science. As they collect more and more information more information will be available.

Send in those questionnaires they send you or go to their website and opt in to do the questionnaires. They will bend over backwards to give you information as they develop it as a thank you.