View Single Post
Old 29-06-2012, 10:58 AM
she who plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I understand that I AM is apparently all encompassing. BUT it is my concern that the term I AM grew out of an imbalance in the first place. I know what I AM is *supposed* to mean, but the term originated from masculine dominance IMO.

Sure the Goddess is I AM. Sure masculine and feminine are equal. BUT when one experiences the Goddess all conceptions of I AM fade into obscurity.

My point is that God came to be known as I AM because of an imbalance. Take away that imbalance and God becomes known as a nameless being.

You're trying to describe an absolute non-dual state. In such a state both the experiencer and the experienced meld and dissolve into one. No matter how you try to describe absolute non-duality, it cannot actually be described.

In certain Tantric traditions, the non-dual state is called the the maha mudra, or great orgasm. It's possible to experience it very physically in this lifetime, while living. But all the traditions have names for it..Kundalini..etc. 'Death' is also non-dual state. Sleep is similar.

We have to live with words though. We can either live dualistically, or in what I call the relative non-dual state. The former is confusion, the latter is living with duality of form and mind while being aware that all is one. 'I AM' dissolves the mental-emotional conditioning of duality and ego.