View Single Post
Old 20-04-2017, 02:02 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' Buddhism and Hinduism basically propose that you unravel your personality down to its nuts and bolts until you stop existing! '

Can you point out please where the Buddha taught anything like your comment...

I think it was in a philosophy class. Or else it was somewhere online. But, from my understanding, that was more the way Hinduism described it than he did. But on the other hand, other people say he was merely laying out a different way to attain it, not a different destination.

I also remember reading of a particular sect of monks that would practice being detached from those suffering right in front of them. But then, every religion has its bad moments. In the grand scheme of things, I think that's a lot less worse than other things that have gone on.

I drew that cute little dragonet on DeviantArt's Muro board. It is a lot of fun to reply with pictures in a forum!

"The brain was billions of years or more in the making. Each one is a unique make and model. What will you do with yours?" quoted from here *taps head*