Thread: when you die
View Single Post
Old 16-03-2019, 11:39 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metchas
I understand that when I die my spirit will leave my body and return 'home' and that my personality/ego/mind will be in spirit land with all my loved ones. Then I get a bit confused..what happens for example if my spirit/soul incarnates again? What happens to me, my personality/ego/mind. If that happens and my soul becomes another person what happens to me? where do I go?

I think you're talking about two different concepts: reincarnation and eternity. The best way for me to articulate it is to compare two aspects of reality we all experience right now, dreaming vs being awake.

The answer as I see it is the spirit is an accumulation of different ego's. When we incarnate for some reason we don't remember our lives between lives. We appear to not remember who or what we were before we were born. Therefore isn't the answer obvious?

Our sense of self, changes depending on what state of consciousness we are currently experiencing, you know it's a bit like dreaming.