View Single Post
Old 23-02-2018, 10:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
I have a counter understanding of freedom. Rather than freedom being defined by a multiplicity of choices, I see it more as a freedom from choices. "Know the truth, and the truth shall set you free"......if one knows the truth there are no other choices. The truth sets one free from the distractions and temptations of many choices. One that is focused and disciplined has reached the state of not being overcome by choices. This freedom is a development that comes by time and wisdom. The road to achieving this is basically by trial and error......with errors being defined as bad choices that are no longer viewed as choices.
Hello there Molearner
This to me speaks to a greater degree of conscious choice in alignment with one's centre. The more we manifest this alignment in intent, thought, word, and deed, the more clarity we bring to our awareness and to our choices.

As you say, most choices will not appeal because they are not right-aligned with who we are at core, and only that which is true to our centre finds that deeper and vaster resonance.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke