View Single Post
Old 18-04-2018, 01:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I sometimes wonder if the twin flame "doctrine" imposes unnecessary burdens on a nicely developing relationship. You're going along nicely with a guy, realise you have to confess you think he's a twin flame and it not so much scares him off but puts up a barrier. Just sometimes. A guy may be happy enough to hear about soul connections but when told their relationship has been dictated by the "universe" (god) he has to stay with you forever - effectively an eternal marriage. If he interprets that as a religion and doesn't go along with religion then...kapow!

Same as if there's a push to engage in spiritual things he doesn't want. You tell him you're together to help each other grow and evolve. Some men might be ok with that but I'll bet a few aren't.

The same applies to women too, of course. If my current companion suddenly sprung such things on me the parameters would change. I'd suspect proselyting and a hidden agenda.

It's just how people are and why I'll give twin flames a chance only if both are singing from the same song-sheet, are happy about it and could live harmoniously together.

Good one.

I would imagine if anyone drops such a bombshell on someone like, twin flame/soul connection, you might just see a life sized cutout of them in your door. While they high tail it out of there. That just might freak out some people. Not to mention it's a lot of pressure, or even the idea that someone is meant to be with you, or can't be away from them. That's a lot of pressure. If both parties aren't feeling the same thing. It just becomes awkward.

If more there is no exact science to it. There is no, this is fact it's true. You must accept it. It's all just speculation and what what feels for them as being true. We can have connections to people for any reason whatsoever. Karma that needs to be worked out. Or we've spent past lives with someone, and they are familiar to us. Doesn't make them our other halves or twins. It's just someone we know really well. Calling it this or that may just may add unneeded stress to it. I've seen people leave spouses for this connection.

From there is becomes a romanticized notion of love that we place on love and it makes us do all types of crazy stuff. No matter what connection one has to someone isn't going to make any relationship last. I know, I've been there. We are humans first and foremost and our human nature can make anything we do difficult.