View Single Post
Old 16-03-2017, 01:51 AM
Master
@Fremen...regarding the authenticity, that is a factor. I cannot have a teacher who is a real person. Sure, I can compare and contrast and learn bits and pieces from someone. I certainly don't dismiss them, but I am not permitted to follow any path besides my own.

When I learned Astrology, of course I had to study and I did take classes for a bit, but then I was done. Because, I can't have another teacher, just a short course on technique.

I used to read all the time and anything that was interesting but some things were hidden from me. I simply didn't run across obvious things that I should have known about. That was for a reason. I wasn't meant to be influenced by whatever it was.

That is an issue, being influenced by an idea or belief before one is ready to be taught.

Regarding what SerpentSun said about cartoons and video games and fiction and stories, they all have meaning and in my case are integral to my work. This culture is my culture. A shaman works with their culture.

My culture is not about trees and leaves and stones and crystals. It is about TV and video games and toys and generational fads. Someone might think that is 'weird' or 'wrong' but it isn't. It makes sense. The system I use is very sophisticated but what I do might seem absurd to someone else. It is not.

For most of my life I was normal until I got the knock on the door. Prior to that I did stuff. I didn't know why, but I would do what seemed right. I noticed some strange things, but I would shrug it off as 'who knows, and who cares'.....

Everybody has their ways, and no way is better or more correct then another. What matters is results. I get excellent results but I had to work hard to be able to master that. What I do isn't for everybody. My way works with certain people and they might be sent in my direction, but other people need a different kind of help. I don't care either way what someone does but I don't like to be insulted. That happens a bit too often. I don't expect respect but disrespect is not acceptable.

I respect everybody. I think everybody has a special talent. I may not be interested, but I respect them.