View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 04:35 AM
Master
I don't think there is a particular sign that will definitively show your path.

You can be a Shaman or a magic man without ever consciously assuming the title. So many gifted people walk among us and do their work, but don't hang out a shingle.

Some might be talented but bad at it. I have met quite a few who didn't make the transition successfully. That means that they didn't pass the test,

That is a very real danger. When I was being initiated, I was terrified and I worked extremely hard to be safe and sane. It was something I had to redo over and over until I got it right. I did have good guidance and that was how I was initiated and trained. My ways are a little different because I was completely taught from within and not from another person.

There are others who do that also, and they are a little different in their own way. This culture is very diverse and there isn't a tradition that is tried and true but there are similarities that are easy to spot.

It does run in my family. A person doesn't need to be aware to be effective. They can act in very subtle ways. I wasn't aware for years but I did the work even though I wasn't aware. I can see the past from the perspective of the present. That is very useful to understand both ways.

My daughter is very talented and she does her work in her own way. She isn't interested in mystical affairs. She is always right on target and knows just what to do. She has her rituals and skills and she is aware that she is very intuitive but that is as far as she wishes to take it. She isn't interested in the kind of work I do, but she does the kind of work she does.

She was bitten by a rattlesnake. It was not nice. That marked her, but she will never be a practitioner of a mystical art in a formal way.

We have a hereditary birthmark that shows up in the same spot from generation to generation. I don't know if that means anything but it might.