View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 10:27 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal.Vibe
[b]

okay so the term path of least resistance is circular logic as by taking a path it was by default the path of least resistance.
however my understanding neuro works along the lines of the more a pathway connecting neurons is fired the more those connections are reinforced and the more they are reinforced the easier it it for them to be triggered.
essentially leading to constant reinforcement of the thing we already do or know.
This is very similar to how the grand canyon was formed by erosion.
Interesting... You mention neurones. I can't recall all I learned about neurobiology (it's always interested me though) but I don't think an individual synapse is reinforced by repeated use (anyone, correct me if I'm wrong) but there is patterning obviously as learning, memory and action rely on it. Repeated stimulus does reinforce a response. So it looks like some selective process is at work - a stimulus arrives, fires off one or more neurones and the entire pattern is invoked. How such patterns can be broken I don't know - they can. We don't have to respond "in a normal way" when something happens.

But this is why I look on human functions as a huge data processing machine with its various levels of (memory) database hierarchy, archive, executive, sometimes working autonomously but otherwise under executive control. We can deviate from the path of least resistance if we want to explore a wider awareness. (LOL, I ust had a thought that the soul is the root directory and boot-up list that loads and maintains our operating system. I'll have to think more about that! )

Quote:
I guess the spiritual development part of this is that growth comes when we call upon the wild card of our soul to diverge from the path and just do something new or different, maybe even just entertaining the possibility of a new idea.
Yup. It's possibly easier for the creative mentality to be more aware of entries to new avenues, a willingness to explore jungles either side of the straight and narrow, well-trodden familiarity!

Nice one, Universal.Vibe.