Thread: Heaven&Hell
View Single Post
Old 30-11-2011, 05:58 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yassi
Thank you for your replies. I quite agree with all opinions. I'm sure sooner or later all people will change their attitudes to the heaven/hell concept.

I wish I could share your confidence. I suspect this world and its inhabitants have a long way to go before the 'old teachings' are likely just to begin to fade away.

sooner-or-later? I fear it's likely to be much later ....

Mainstream religions of all denominations are so firmly embedded in our cultures that trying to show where they're inaccurate (not necessarily deliberately untruthful) is likely to be met with such obstinacy and inertia that significant change is highly unlikely.

Perhaps, just perhaps, if there were an outpouring of energy into the venture from discarnate allies in the etheric, perhaps then some changes might be possible. Looking back at the history of the world, however, there is little cause for such optimism.

Maybe, though, it was always envisaged by the designers of the physical system in which we live that the world, and the beliefs of its inhabitants, would be just this way? Plainly when we're away from this dimension we know the truth of the situation. If we knew it while we're in-the-body, how (one might ask) would we learn about living 'in the dark' about such matters?

One might also ask whether the physical dimension would then have its special purpose, assuming one accepts that it has a special purpose in the first place....