View Single Post
Old 21-04-2017, 06:24 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Hi august :)
I found myself wincing at your expression 'to get' .... that was highlighted for me when I read your post ... with every respect, it feels a little possessive, from this woman's perspective ... we are quite an intuitive bunch us females, you know, for the most part lol ... and, in some instances, many may shy away from thoughts of being 'got' ... just relaxing into relationships, and allowing them to unfold in the way they will seems healthy to me ... we grow toward the light I reckon, like the rest of nature ...

Quite. I'm glad someone said that. The point is, why make such complication out of the mating game? You meet people, attract some and come to know enough about them to reckon it might be good or not. The woman ultimately has to choose whether to go along with a prospect.

All this 51% stuff. What does that mean? Perhaps it isn't quite as simple but if you know what you're looking for you have to come up with a way to sense whether someone is right for you or not. Someone may allow greater latitude as no one will exactly meet their need. And, of course, the guy might change his needs as things proceed. As people we aren't static.

You can't turn it into a box-ticking procedure... people try but it never works out in practice. Both genders advertise their wares - on dating sites or face-to-face (in many ways - words, gestures, presentation etc) but whether they're being honest with themselves and those they meet can only be learned as the "courting" proceeds. Everyone behaves themselves on the earlier dates, pretend they like what each other do and think - or it won't go very far.

If someone turns up wanting to know how to "get" or attract or whatever women, then they have to take a few long looks at themselves.

Just my views.