Thread: The Three Kayas
View Single Post
Old 29-07-2018, 12:19 AM
Master
Pushing the point here a bit further:
From
“Toward a Psychology of Awakening: Buddhism, Psychotherapy, and the Path of Personal and Spiritual Transformation” by John Welwood
Quote:
The most apparent level of reality is the nirmanakaya, the level of differentiated form, where surface mind operates. Yet the objects of surface mind – behaviours, words and thoughts – arise out of and express a more subtle level of reality, the sambhogakaya – where we function as a dynamic field of energy. At this level, I am not just my fleshly body, not just my thoughts, not just my feelings and not just my bounded ego, but a larger energy field, which is intimately interconnected with the world and can therefore tap into subtler ways of knowing and being. This level is a bridge between the form-oriented functioning of surface mind and the formless quality of nonconceptual awareness.

“In Touch: How to Tune In to the Inner Guidance of Your Body and Trust Yourself” by John J. Prendergast
Quote:
The energy body is a bridge between our ordinary, solid and apparently separate humanness and infinite awareness – between the particular and the universal. To use more theological language, it is the way we sense the presence of the divine in our ordinary lives. Tibetan Buddhists call it the Sambhogakaya. As humans, we are multidimensional, and the energy body is an important intermediary realm of experience that lies between the poles of form and formlessness. As we attune with the energy body, we feel more intimately connected with others and with the depths of life.

Eckhart Tolle:
Quote:
When listening to another person, don’t just listen with your mind, listen with your whole body. Feel the energy field of your inner body as you listen. That takes attention away from thinking and creates a still space that enables you to truly listen without the mind interfering. You’re giving the other person space – space to be. It is the most precious gift that you can give …. Being in touch with your inner body creates a clear space of no-mind within which the relationship can flower.