Thread: Acupuncture
View Single Post
Old 27-04-2016, 04:38 PM
Master
I went for migraines - my acupuncturist did about 30 minutes of massage and heat compress on my back and head, the acupuncture therapy, cupping, and supplemented with Chinese herbs and tinctures.

I had the initial appointment - was told to follow up in 1 week, then 1 month then as needed.

I did as I was told, she gave me cinnamon patches for different pressure points to help with the pain as well as took my herbs religiously.

I didn't have so much as a touch of discomfort in my head for over 3 years.

After the actually appointments though I always had a horrible migraine... it was like all of the horrible energies leaving my body.

She also explained to me why the pain was happening - she asked so many questions : color of your tongue, color of bowel movements, frequency of bowel movements etc... it turns out that my pain was caused by too much upper body heat - I handle my stress in my shoulders. She gave me some dietary suggestions which was probably the biggest help...

Triggers for higher upper body temp:

alcohol, caffeine, tobacco, spicy food

needless to say I was not too thrilled but everything in moderation!

I would suggest to anyone thinking of it to find a practitioner that is well-versed in all facets of Chinese medicine. My practitioner was a doctor of Chinese medicine.

-Lord Rama to Laxman