View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 10:36 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
i'm gonna disagree with you on several points lemex. i don't believe that
ego is required to acknowledge existence; that could come 'simply' through
awareness [or is awareness what is existence?]. ego does enter into the
discussion however, since, by definition, it "is responsible for reality testing and
a sense of personal identity"... which goes to the heart of the OPs question.
Carl Jung says that the ego is the sense of self so it's much more than a sense of identity. Spirituality has a penchant for redefining things for its own ends and does so frequently and often with ego. If you imagine a centre point and a circle, the circle represents your 'sphere of consciousness' and the centre point is the ego. The ego creates your reality and although it's not widely acknowledged the creation of reality is a two-way process, it's as much about what's inside as outside. Your ego also filters, so what you've read and believe your ego is responsible for, including your being Spiritual and everything you say on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
it's a strange twist (more than wordplay i believe) that the factor of commonality which unites beings is at once the force which makes them all unique: identity.
[my logic leads me to believe that there is a singular unique thing... if there
were many unique items, they would lose that quality. my sense is that there
is a unique Source, and that all (other) things are derived from it.]

i can readily imagine a "logically possible" thing that doesn't (yet) exist.
any proposed project that might be built seems to fit that criteria.
The factor of commonality is that all things have existence and therefore reality, but what sate of existence is a different matter, and as for identity... you've lost me there.

What we're missing is that Spirituality is a belief system and only a very small subset of reality that is aware of only one four-billionth of the electromagnetic spectrum, that sits on a rock that's flying through a desolate part of the galaxy.