Thread: The Whole
View Single Post
Old 20-01-2018, 01:59 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
You're very welcome, slash. You can google Bodhisattva vows too.

BT

Oh! Thank you so much for that too! This is incredibly interesting. And makes me really want to pick up Buddhism.

It resonates so strongly with me, however I have not been following a Buddhist path. I've been following mostly a Vedanta path. Buddhism has always somehow captured my interest, even before awakening, but for some reason I've continued to just ignore Buddhism.

When I first realized that I had to pull myself back into duality, it was an intense experience wherein I was fully aware of the gravity of what I was opting to do. But I vowed to myself and to God that I would step back down and live in duality instead of Nirvana. I could "see" my future filled with plenty of suffering. And I could see that no matter how bad it may get, I would have to stick to my word and stay with the suffering. It was quite possibly the scariest experience of my life, but some courageous part of me kept saying "this is what you're supposed to be doing".

However, I haven't completely pushed Nirvana away, I still keep it there to have little tastes of whenever I want. I use it to calm myself down. I use it to continuously hone my understanding of enlightenment. And most importantly I use it to help others attain it. When I'm guiding people there I switch perspective as needed. I don't know if Boddisattvas are allowed to even have tastes of Nirvana...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Wholeness and Non-Duality are related concepts imo.

If you marry an aboriginal, a tribal person – you don’t just marry that individual, you marry into the whole tribe. You become one part of the whole.
Individuality and individual traits - talents are very much celebrated as an enrichment, but always in regards to the whole.

When you enter the wilderness or the forest you shut up your mental chatter and tune into the totality of the forest and become a part of that whole setting - watching, listening and noticing what is happening - being very present in the moment and taking your cues from there.

The old hunter-gatherer way, I suppose, regarding Forest as your ‘Church’ - and in the forest you feel fully whole again.

Then it is not such a stretch either to tune into the Greater – Womb of All Creation where Eternity and Motion (time) meet.

Oh I love your perspective there. I see what you mean about becoming one part of the whole in a forest. It's pretty easy to expand that exact feeling out to the rest of existence.