View Single Post
Old 20-10-2018, 07:19 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I will also let you in on a little secret...

Even though you are not living off welfare, the discrimination shown by those who work, against those who are sick/unemployed and receiving benefits is caused by jealousy nothing more and nothing less. They can deny this as much as they like, but it is true.

They are jealous that they have to work for money, while another is 'sitting on their bum' and getting paid...and I used to receive a LOT of this discrimination until I said;

"I am SO sorry that you don't qualify for welfare payments yourself so you HAVE to work, but please don't take that out on me".

What usually follows, is the other person questioning my sanity and never talking to me again...see? it is win/win.

Oh I wish I could say that! I guess I could still say something similar, "I am so sorry you have not gotten an inheritance, but please dont take that out on me."

Quote:
By the way, you can't change what a person thinks about you if they have already made up their mind, so you learn not to care. She probably already thinks you are a 'freeloader' and nothing you can do/say will ever change that...she is also obviously snobbing you, using her financial status and position as a method to vampire your energy...it is one of the reasons why people like to save and buy the best of everything...a new 4WD, a Merc, a 6 bedroom, double story house etc...so they can get to lord it over those who are less well off for a huge ego boost.

Yeah i'm sure she and a few others think i'm a freeloader, but I shouldn't care, I'm the only one that has to live my life.

And it's interesting, she does have all those things, while I didn't even while I had my job where I was earning over $2000 a month (which is the most I've ever made) where I worked 12 hours most days and had to deal with stress, horrible coworkers, and a boss from hell. I was probably making more than she is! But I chose to buy a 50 year old mobile home for $5000 in a dumpy trailer park where my lot rent is $285 a month, I choose to drive a car that is 10 years old with almost 110,000 miles on it, I choose to wear the same clothes that still fit me from 20 years ago (and if i need more, I get them at the thrift store). So she can sit up on her pile of new material possessions and look down on me for being a freeloader but she would never live the way I do.