View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator
Though I don't necessarily understand the dynamics of different energy levels I can relate to what you have said. I know I have always had a very open loving energy towards others but my energy towards myself has been extremely dark and negative so this life I am working on that. It seems to relate to what you are saying. How can a person be balanced in some areas and not in others so I guess it would make sense our energy field would present differently. Thanks for sharing this.

I agree about your dream that it is saying the root of your father's problem is control and him feeling like he is the king in charge. That odds are he was taught this by his father and so on. You children have a chance to break the pattern and it sounds like you may be doing just that. One thing to keep in mind is that the reason people fight for power and control is because it makes them feel vulnerable not to have it. They are unable to handle uncertainty and chaos so they take charge, even to the point of bullying the world to bend to their will, as a way to know that things will not change suddenly on them in ways they are not prepared for. It's a fear based way of life and one rooted more in a lack of confidence than anything else. Unfortunately you may not be able to force him to see this because his fear may not be ready to give up control and so he may continue to be blind to his behavior.

I had issues with my father in a similar fashion. At one point I blew up at him about it all. I chose this time to have a heart to heart with him about why I was so upset and to my surprise it was like talking to a brick wall. All I saw was his fear and the fact that he was totally unable to see things any other way than how he viewed things. And in an instant I let him go. I was no longer beholden to him and he no longer held control over me. So continue to encourage your father towards a healing but what is most important is to take the time to heal the hurt that was brought up in you. Each of the children have the chance to heal this and not continue the behavior on and that is what will break the family cycle. Your father will eventually find his way to a healing when his spirit is strong enough to tolerate risk and adversity. Right now it may not.