View Single Post
Old 16-08-2014, 11:49 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorful-Chameleon
From about the 60's through to the 90's there seemed to be a strong and growing spiritual/environmental movement... people connecting to and realising the great value of the earth after what appeared to be a long period of disconnect after the dying down of traditional earth based spirituality in favour of religions focused more on attainment and which separated this plane from the 'destination' of outer heaven/nirvarna ect.

I've often felt very out of place with most religions and spiritual branches currently available and one of the reasons has to do with the disconnect from practical, physical and earth based aspects of spirituality well as the off balanced energies between the devine masculine/feminine.

I often feel that mainstream spirituality seems somewhat disconnected and it appears that often it is assumed that once a certain level is attained earth becomes a useless plane for the continuing spiritual experience. ..

Often even when we think of the energy of charkras we think of 'ascending energy' from the so called 'lower charkras to the so called higher charkras. I see it as a cyclical flow... pretty much like everything else on the planet, the water cycle, the breaking down and recycling of matter and so forth.
I see our charkra energy flowing from the root to the crown and then returning through the earth and back through the root charkra again... not just from the root to the crown and out.

I feel like I have come full circle myself... I have had my time exploring the 'out there' aspects of spirituality, only to come right back down to earth, feel right at home here in the physical and now have a strong sense of needing to come into greater harmony with the planet which supports me.

To me it is not just about becoming balanced and enlightened to a point of ascending into a formless state... my connection has become much more anchored on this earth plane and motivated towards greater harmony with the natural world we co-habit...
Everything with exists out there in nature and the universe offers a reflection on how my internal universe operates... what is out there is within... why would I want to try and seperate myself from any of it? it sort of baffles me as to why anyone would seek to exist or ascend outside of all this as opposed to try and come into harmony within it.

welcome home..:)