View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 06:08 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tera's_Party
Lately I have noticed the majority of vegan vegetarian, raw restaurants are run mostly by Vietnamese and occasionally Thai here in the US and I was wondering why that is. The food they serve isn't always just Vietnamese either. I have been all over the country and this seems to be a recent trend. Why is this more common in Vietnamese culture than any other. Has anyone here noticed this? Is there something perhaps religious or is it just a good marketing idea that only a few cultures have caught onto?

I think it's a coincidence that you're seeing more Vietnamese vegan restaurants or maybe it's because Asian food lends itself more easily to veganizing and those are the sorts of restaurants you like to go to. What I do know is that some of the vilest cruelties go on in Vietnam as in other Asian countries. I can't imagine how horrible it would be to be vegan in any Asian country. A couple years ago, a young Chinese veterinarian killed herself because she could no longer live with the grief and horror that she saw coming into their clinic when rescues would save some of the victims. It destroyed her soul.