View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 02:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I think there's a fine line between someone who genuinely has something that needs to be shared about spirituality and someone who just wants their opinion to be dominant.

Submitting to someone elses idea of what is right without thoroughly examining the basis of their teaching seems inherently wrong to me, I admire the Buddha saying to examine what he taught to see if it was true, not just to accept it, slavish acceptance is what the Christians and the muslims demand, I suspect Buddhists don't require slavish acceptance.

Still we do need some sort of guidance. As far as I can see ideally we would come to be guided from within, but that's a lot trickier to set up than just blindly submitting to a dominant spiritual opinion.

We can learn from anything - anything is a potential teacher.

Kung fu variants as an example base themselves on specific animals & the traits unique to them.

Often people who read many books believe themselves teachers, yet they fail to see their self indoctrination.

Anything asking for outright submission should raise a red flag.

It's like Kaa the snake from the jungle book "trusssst in meeee" - no thanks, I'll test the water, scout the area ahead & keep a big stick to hand instead.

A guide is a much more passive word, simple points made towards a path on your journey without fuss. If something is not for you, a guide awaits another traveller & points again.

If something is true its there to see - to submit is to do so blindly.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain