View Single Post
Old 27-07-2015, 06:45 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenspirit
Turns out I had a congenital hip problem and the pounding from running was just too much for it. The tendon in my hip gave out and I was sidelined from any exercise and on crutches for several months because of it. The funny part was everyone thought I was faking it when I went down. The coach thought I was just whining. I wasn't. I was in some major pain and it was real.
What kind of shoes were you wearing? I ask because shoes that have raised heels literally are designed to destroy knees and hips. How many people with knee and hip issues have you heard of? Personally, I've heard of far too many... myself included...
Raised heels force the heel first against the ground. But the parts of the foot hitting ground first should the middle section or the toes (when sprinting) or heel-center-toes at about the same time (when slower speed, like walking or jogging). The last part that should hit the ground is the heel.
When making a step, especially when running, a lot of force is created. Most of that force is supposed to be absorbed by the feet when the feet is supposed to "rotate" to make the heel hit the ground. But since raised heels prevent this from happening, because they force the heel first against the ground, then all that force in all its strength goes straight to the knees and up to the hips, even to the spine and gut, causing extensive bodily harm that's not limited to the feet.

Shoes ruin the entire body's posture and condition. And atrophy feet muscles-ligaments-joints-bones when worn for years (how many people for how long have worn raised-heel shoes? it's insane... and then they wonder why they have feet and joint issues, and never seem to find the cause because shoes are indoctrinated deep into their minds as "normal").
Back thousands of years, shoes were created only for rough surfaces that were impassable barefoot. Actually feeling the ground beneath the feet is so great. I even go barefoot into the forest to pick berries. Once had blueberry blue feet... Feeling the forest with my feet is so great. The soft moss and all the rest.

Joints can and do heal, but depending on the severity of damage, it can take many years, even decades. And have to give the body what it needs.

One thing ditching shoes or going for "minimalist" shoes does (flat, no raised heels), is that the destructive force and strain the raised heel shoes, that most people wear each and every day, force onto the joints, stops. Then can actually begin healing.
Trying to heal issues that are primarily (and also diet plays a huge role, as ever...) caused by wearing bad shoes, while not stopping to wear those bad shoes, is fruitless effort.