View Single Post
Old 13-05-2013, 11:07 AM
icy_su

Quote:
Originally Posted by icy_su
For anyone who wants to become physically healthier through meditation, Lotus Position is a must. I know some people meditate only for a clearer mind, e.g., one of my bosses, but lotus position can certainly help much more.

It's usually very painful for beginners, but as westerners always say, "there's no shortcut to any place worthwhile." Please do try, make each and every effort, till you can do half lotus position, and then full lotus position.

Why lotus position is so important?

Lotus position was taught by Buddha. As a Buddhist, I believe it's a blessed position. In this position, your energy flow back into your body, and what's more important, the energy heal body's defects automatically. As body and mind alway interact with each other, your mind becomes healthier along with the improvement of your body. Lotus position is a most efficient way to allow you become physically stronger and mentally healthier.

Therefore, actually you do not even have to meditate. You just sit in full lotus position, and you will become healthier. Meditation is only the way to extraordinarily enhance the healing process.