View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 07:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I've been meditating and the breath came to be extremely slight and stopped, but because my mind went 'am I not breathing?' it started to move again. When the body goes into a deep relaxation, there is hardly any breath, and it could become so slight that you can't even feel it. You don't stop your breathing, or do anything about the breathing. The body knows how to breathe without anyone doing the breathing. Sometimes it can come to a standstill. I haven't sat with that breathlessness for long, though, as I said, I 'overthunk it'.

The other point about that state of no bliss or pleasure or pain is also very interesting, and I've touched on that a couple of times, but only when meditating on extended retreats, and I'm not sure if that can realistically be a continuous state in anyone's life - but I like to think so.

I have no Idea what Dyana means, though.

Yes I relate to this. I did the same thing when it first happened. Went "****e I am not breathing" and so then I breathed again..lol..The mind can be tricky in this space, cos we like to know we are breathing..

I love the hardly any/slight breath space, so deeply relaxing.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder