View Single Post
Old 28-11-2018, 11:41 PM
Guide

Film/TV Locations in your Neighborhood?

I just thought I would share this because I think it is really neat. I live in Southern Ontario, Canada. In the four years I have lived here I have come across a few TV sets being filmed. Has any one else watched a tv show or film be shot nearby? I would love to hear stories.

Anyways, here are the tv shows I have stumbled upon:

Right now The Handmaid's Tale is being filmed on my university campus. All the handmaids are walking around in their red capes and white bonnets and lots of people are pretty excited! I have read the book and watch the series, so this is pretty awesome for me.

A couple years ago I was walking on the main street in my city and noticed there was filming taking place. Security was everywhere and people were gathered around to watch. I had headphones in and somehow walked right through it all and ended up on the set and asked a man holding a brief case what was going on and he gave me a weird look. Then security came and told me where to go if I wanted to watch. This was for the series American Gods. The guy with the brief case was one of the extras. Lol.

I also was walking downtown in my city one day and stopped to watch the Canadian tv show Murdoch Mysteries being filmed.

Last summer I was hiking near a waterfall and came across a plane wreckage scene for a Canadian tv show but I forget what the show was called. All the actors were on break so only security was around. But it was cool to stumble across the set in the middle of a hiking trail.