View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 10:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
I still don't think the spiritual conversation is a difficult one.
Even though people misunderstand each other on a grand scale.

That has little to do with the spiritual side of things in my humble opinion.
One of the causes of perceived difficulty lies in the expectations we have when engaging in a text-only format when we discuss these matters.
More precisely the expectation that we understand what the other is writing, we have no way of knowing the intention behind the written words. Smilies help but very little in this regard.

Another expectation is the idea that just because this is a spiritual forum we expect the people we meet here to sort of adhere to our understanding of spirituality.

In real life, when you talk to someone who is on a similar path we get to see the glimmer in their eye's, feel the love they express when talking about these subjects. Not so on forums.

Ah well, lessons start sinking in.. Only took me a decade of trying.
I'll probably mess up a few times more before I understand that connection is not something that can be shared over a wifi connection.
Ideas sure..

Connection? Maybe not in the way I hoped it would.

With Love
Eelco
Indeed.

There are many limitations when it comes to expressing oneself over the internet and anonymity being the main one.

Yes, there's a difference between this> and this:

The intention is noted, but it's not the same.

Also, the internet is no substitute for physical interaction, but even I have problems with that one.

For myself, the spiritual conversation is very difficult and I don't know if that's because of me, the other or both.

Then again, normal conversation is difficult for me and spiritual conversation just adds a whole new dimension to that and 'ups the ante'.