View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 09:44 PM
Deactivated Account
Well, it is up to you what you want to believe. Organized religions are such a thing...
Personally, I think that many Gods can be seen as several aspects of the same one God.
And that the different religions are different ways to the same "destination".

I have been feeling a strong pull to Christianity myself lately. In my case the "problem" is that I do not like labels and want to remain free when it comes to what I want to believe and what a scripture means to me. That, and that I see all as equal. I have been risen Catholic, but quit. I was in a Wiccan circle for awhile maybe 20 years ago, later tried meditation inspired by Buddhism... well, yeah, another point for me is that I believe in reincarnation. I cannot give that up just to fit in. And I won't.

So we are in a similar situation, in a way...

Today, when attending an open Christian meeting, I saw 1111... and now I wonder what that means.

When I compare certain quotes from the Bible to general spiritual lore, depending on how you read them, they could as well describe what here often is referred to as "enlightenment".
For me, personally, all of this is more about forgiveness, unconditional love, compassion and being non-judgemental than about worship. Being a bit more like Jesus.
Who most likely won't mind how you find God, in yourself, and how you call it.