View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 09:34 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
Is it normal to feel like its okay to die after having an awakening? I thought it was supposed to be happy and blissful after an awakening? Or does it take time for the awakening to get to the point where you feel blissful and happy?
Feeling like it's OK to die can simply mean you've lost your fear of dying, it just means you don't have that fear any more. Fear of dying or the uncertainty of what happens after death is quite normal, even for Spiritual people sometimes. Awakening is a major shift in your paradigm so you'd leave the fear/uncertainty behind that doesn't belong to your new paradigm.

Awakening is an individual experience, so do yourself a favour and forget the 'supposed to be' bit. Often that gives you expectations and it 'colours' the experience - if your experience doesn't live up to the hype then what? Not feeling blissful and happy will only make you really blissful and unhappy. What I have now is a strong sense of peace that I wouldn't trade for bliss, although the rest is 'business as usual'.