View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 07:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snashty
In regards to spirituality, what do they mean/symbolize? Specifically in regards to people, their relationships, and souls/spirits. I've looked online and it all seems kind of vague. Even a point in the right direction would help (i.e. where to research.)

Anything else about sun moon symbolism is appreciated.

In esoteric astrology the three most important areas of the chart are the ascendant, the sun and the moon.

The ascendant (the sign which is rising over the horizon at the moment of birth) gives some indication as to the Soul purpose for the incarnation.

The Sun symbolises the personality through which the Soul will express itself for the incarnation.

The Moon indicates both the emotions and the areas of challenge, depending on which sign and house it is in. (There are twelve houses, each representing a sphere of activity).

So for example, Leo is the sign of self-identity, the assertion of "I am". The Moon in Leo may indicate that we have difficulties in asserting our identity. If this is found for example in the 7th house (the house of relationships) then that difficulty in self-assertion will manifest in our relationships with others.

This is a very simplistic overview, and it will all be modified by which planets are in which signs and the various aspects they form with each other.

Also regarding the sun/moon, we have to remember that the Moon does not have any light of its own - it simply reflects the light of the Sun.

Hope this is of some interest.

Peace.