View Single Post
Old 20-10-2010, 05:10 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf
Hi JEN,

Oh good heavens, no, I didn't put a spell on him. I simply revoked my previous request for "my perfect partner" and asked specifically for my friend by name, as long as it is right for both of us. (I really emphasized that last bit.)

White Wolf

Hi White Wolf my friend

I think you took a safe way to place your request. I always add the caveat "..with the good of all concerned and harm to none", which is similar.

In my years as a spiritual counselor, I used to tell people who came to me for advice on love and relationship this:

"Ask for your perfect right mate. Don't ask for Joe or Tom
or Phil... ask for your perfect right mate! You can't be unhappy with perfect and right"

The reason I said that was that we often want a certain person we have strong feelings for and think will make us happy, but who in truth will not. If we ask specifically for that person, we will likely get what we ask for, but it may not end up giving us the happiness we desire, whereas perfect and right is... well... perfect! And right!

I also believe, though, that sometimes we are strongly drawn to another individual because we have karma to work out with them. If that were to be the case, then pairing up with that person is exactly the right thing to do, even if it DOESN'T bring us the peace and joy we seek. Does that make sense??

Relationships are just so complicated, aren't they?? I believe their true purpose ... contrary to what WE think we are entering into them for!... is to teach and grow us, and as we all know, learning and growing can at times be a painful process

You are a beautiful light in this world, and what I wish for you above all else is fulfillment of your heart's desire... whatever that may be!

Love, light & blessings...