View Single Post
Old 26-12-2019, 12:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
What I was trying to say is that my self rejection is making me ill. I feel the need to accept myself. It is not so much the argument with I AM that is making me ill. It is the lack of self acceptance. It has all been on the back burner for too long. It is now coming to the crux.

Honza,
if God accepts you, then you have no choice but to accept yourself!
You want a very close relationship with God. Those who do, who are honest feel more strongly the mismatch and tend to amplify it. This only makes God's acceptance more wonderful. You don't have to be afraid of this
Look at how easily some Christians feel God accepts them and how they accept themselves. Do they have a deep relationship with God? I think some do, but many others don't, it's a real battle for the rest of us! It's worth it
its not about the mind of Christ (except being master of our minds) its the Holy Spirit that does it
I don't really like looking in the mirror but i do feel inside i can accept myself because of this relationship. this goes beyond gospels and scripture. they just point the way. hope you have a great 2020!