View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 08:46 PM
Ascender
Vespa, when you write that you don't believe anything which Michael Newton writes do you mean:

that you don't believe all of the countless separate and documented hypnosis sessions (which means that all the subjects invented or imagined their experiences, even in deep hypnosis)
or
that Michael Newton himself is not to be believed (that he invented all his LBL sessions)?

I'm just asking. You are entitled to your opinion.

However, as a trained hypnotist myself, albeit non-practising commercially, I can tell you in complete sincerity that it is nearly impossible for subjects to lie or invent things once the critical factor has been bypassed (please Google "critical factor" if you are not familiar with that term). There can be rare exceptions to that rule of thumb, but they are indeed very rare. If you don't believe me, then you are welcome to research further about bypassing critical factor on the net.

On the other hand, if you think that Michael Newton invented all those sessions, I - and nobody else - can prove their authenticity to you, unless you contact Michael Newton's successors to ask to see the original notes - although I doubt they would allow such access on grounds of client confidentiality. I, however, find his books compelling and convincing and cannot imagine that he would have invented so much material.