View Single Post
Old 29-02-2020, 10:31 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
The real question should be . . . exactly HOW is this a dream ? ! What is really meant by “all of this is only a dream.” In what way is this physical reality a dream?

To dismiss all of this as a dream and that it doesn’t actually count or is unreal . . . or anything along those lines . . . is NOT the issue or point of “this is a dream.”

If people really and vividly knew the principle behind “this is a dream” . . . their approach to their own spiritual life would drastically change.

Please dismiss this post since it does not follow the popular paradigm.

I've mentioned my impression in quite a few posts. Dream, illusion, unreal, etc... are just metaphors for the finite vs. the infinite, the temporary vs. the permanent and I've used the electroweak force to illustrate my meaning.

In our reality electromagnetism and the nuclear weak force are two distinct and separate fundamental forces of nature, however if the energy level can be elevated high enough they fold into a single more fundamental force - the electroweak force. It's also hypothesized in GUT (Grand Unified Theory) if the energy level is increased further the electroweak force and nuclear strong force fold into a more fundamental force and increased even further GUT and gravity fold into an even more fundamental force as posited by TOE (Theory of Everything).

Advaita uses the analogy of clay. The underlying reality is clay, and a pot is just an appearance (in the above terminology dream, illusion, unreal). Clay can exist without the pot but the pot cannot exist without clay.

Similarly the electroweak force is a deeper level of reality and electromagnetism and the nuclear weak force are just appearances. The electrtoweak force can exist without electromagnetism and the nuclear weak force but not the reverse.

This video explains it better than I. https://youtu.be/RJ4Uv-5_3VM?list=PL...XfywQvhBzzdrQA