View Single Post
Old 24-11-2019, 06:39 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
You could potentially meditate the rest of your life, every day for an hour or so, and not see any apparition or experience anything substantial whatsoever [besides basic benefits such as improved breathing, relaxation, and psychological awareness]. Anyone and their dog can achieve those things, but an actual spiritual experience is also probably not something you can just induce at will..

As I mentioned, spiritual experiences are not the goal here. The goal is to improve the areas of my life in which I'm suffering. To be honest, if I had to choose between having no supernatural experiences whatsoever or believing I'm talking to angels with names that sound like Transformers, I'd choose the former. I only mentioned spiritual experiences because I was interested to know if anyone had heard of the "spiritual abandonment" path outside of a Catholic context.

Quote:
Sorry, but maybe it wasn't really healing to begin with. I've had people try to heal my migraines but it doesn't work, lol, even if I start believing that they have the power to heal. The physical world is fukking real. You can't cure migraine with healing hands or cancer with a water fast.

There is no purpose in me debating that question with you, so I won't. But I feel that I should provide a counter-voice so I'll just mention that I've had many strongly palpable, positive experiences with energy healing modalities. Anyone familiar with my other posts here will be certain there is no possibility of a placebo effect in my case. The trouble is purely that the healings don't last for me. There are also plenty of honest researchers like Dr Gary Schwarz, Prof William Tiller and Dr Konstantin Korotkov who have done controlled studies on various healing modalities with positive results.