View Single Post
Old 16-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVI
It is my understanding that the "NDE" phenomena is a bit of a misnomer in that this experience can be triggered by many forms of traumatic events including events that are not "life-threatening"...

At the end of the day - it really does not matter what you call it or how others interpret it. It's your experience and the most important thing you consider is that this "Experience" you had is real - dreamt or spiritually experienced. Based on the fact you posted this, it sounds like this experience is relevant to your greater understanding and I encourage you to not focus on the semantics of how you label this experience and instead focus on the meaning of it.

I agree that it's possible OBEs can be triggered by traumatic events. However, I suppose it depends on the OP's intent whether or not it's important to distinguish NDEs from OBEs or dreams. If one is looking for personal spiritual development, then both a dream and an NDE can be beneficial. But if one is interested in the afterlife, then it would be important to distinguish NDEs - the ones where the person is considered legally dead for a time - from everything else.

Personally, I've had near death instances, but I never got anything from it except a headache. The research on it is interesting though.