View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 02:01 AM
Master
Along this line... a way I've worked with my inner child and with others is to develop a caring relationship with those parts of my mind at various ages... in the deeper mind's world of memory and feeling.

In other words, you can reach out to the 'you' that was 2 or 5 or 13 in your subconscious mind, and is still feeling neglected or wounded from things that happened then, and from people important in your early life.

Through images and sounds and feelings, you may listen to the story with acceptance and understanding. Once the story is told you might invite that hurt part of yourself into your deep heart, to live there forever. It may be immediately accepted or take a little time to come to this completion.

I always make sure there's no manipulation of the child part to do or be as I, the adult, thinks or wants... but to be a responsive kind friend to him or her.

A lot of healing and integration can come from connecting with the parts of you from the ages that are significant in one way or another.

You may also develop a friendly adult-child relationship with the parts of you that knew how to play, or need to learn it's okay now to have fun... by playing it out in a movie of the mind.

This works because the subconscious mind accepts as real whatever it experiences fully in pictures, sounds and feelings.

Xan