View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 05:06 PM
Master
Notice about the next post in this thread!

Hi everyone!

A few folks here know about my trip to the Great Rift Valley and have asked to hear about.

A few years ago I made a journey to Africa's Great Rift Valley.....After several months of working with the consulates in Dimma and Addis Abba Ethiopia....I found a aboriginal group willing to give me a spot in there village.

This trip was many things for me...I have been intensely interested in paleo-archaeology for many years...I'm a history nut...and also a "sensitive" to local energy...what I call "sensitive to the energy of places" and what old time woodsman and mountain men used to call "feeling a bump" when some place they were at made them feel weird or made the hair on there neck stand up for no apparent reason...

The Great Rift Valley has a connection to mankind like no other on earth and I'd wanted to feel what that area feels like for more than 20 years....explore life with the locals and learn about there spiritual beliefs (pretty much animist much like North American tribes)

So it was a trip about that and walking the footsteps of our most distant ancestors and the fact that I have lead a paleo lifesytle and diet for decades...so it was also a hunting trip and here's where the warning comes

I hunted with the men of the village and hunt with a traditional recurve bow not a rifle....this story contains a lot about the life of the people and the Great Rift Valley... but there will also be descriptions of the hunt.....

If you are one of the vegans on this board.....If you are offend by this....my suggestion is just read NO FURTHER!

I am clearly not a vegetarian or vegan and neither are the aboriginal tribesman I stayed with....but I am respectful of other peoples lifestyles and spiritual beliefs and would not for instance...go into the vegan forums and make insulting comments....so please keep that in mind here if you decide to keep reading.

The story is long and will take a while for me to tell it in away that "takes you to that place" and does both the place and the people there justice.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!