View Single Post
Old 17-07-2014, 11:43 PM
Saragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmic Fox
I hate labels... I know people like you describe. None of them identify as an "Indigo Child". Brings me back to high school, people calling each other, and themselves, "emo" or "preppy" or "goth"... Now there's the new age community: "Indigo" or "starchild" or "crystal" or the most frequent and annoying "TF". These words do nothing but confuse people and set limitations.

Why not try accepting yourself for you, or others for themselves, instead of seeking to define yourself or others with a single word. These names are all so boring and pointless. It's comparable to teenagers who make up a game in which your either a vampire, a werewolf, or a hybrid, depending on your personality. It's utterly stupid, and it's everywhere - very annoying with the rising interest in spirituality, especially with so many younger people (dare I say Children) and gullible, thick-minded adults.

Forgive my rant.

I hate labels too, but by awakening and learning more about some of these "labels" it's helped me to better understand who I am, and why I am the way I am. Even though I have changed as well through this transformative process. I love the quote however, "once you label me, you negate me." It just helps for me to be open and say "I'm an empath," because of my own past, and the ways that people have tried to dismiss me or in turn label ME. The indigo stuff makes sense to me given the description, but yes. That can be said for many a fellow creative person, regardless of what you call it. Bottom line, you have to take all of the information with a grain of salt and use your own intuition and judgment. You are whoever and whatever you define yourself as, not what somebody else assigns to you.