View Single Post
Old 25-01-2018, 05:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

Some thoughts on this.
Speaking about "spiritual" matters seems at times to be personal.

Yes, I had noticed the contradiction between me saying it's not a personal conversation, and also saying it pertains to the deepest aspect of us.

Quote:
As mentioned involves beliefs and also what one may hold faith/trust in.

Yes that level is certainly personal.

Quote:
Agree it takes some skill, which feel also includes consideration.
Being considerate of the other in the sense that is the other willing or open to the veiw point presented.

Sometimes find it to be impersonal. Meaning another view point is presented as just that, another way of looking at it.

Indeed, that's all it is.

Quote:
Attitude and tone plays a part. How one feels another is responding or reacting.
Some do not like being preached to, but do enjoy being spoken to.

Yes, there are ethical problems associated with preaching because it is trying to influence others - I think this is recognised in the rules of this forum.

Quote:
At times can be tricky and humor is a tough one to get across in this form of communication.

Being familiar with another seems to play into the interactions as well.

Find some people are just reserved or private and feel comfortable with only sharing so much. Push too hard and he/she may not appreciate it, IMO.
Others find like a good back and forth.

I suggest no person should pushed or coerced into self-disclosure, while being free to speak for and of themselves.

Quote:
So yes takes skill to listen and sense another.

For me it is a work in progress and seem to pick up things along the way.

Thanks. For me it's something I need to work on both internally and externally, and I regard these as inter-related.