View Single Post
Old 18-01-2018, 08:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
People hang on to 'old' traditions thinking that these are what 'give' their 'present' lives meaning, legitimacy, a sense of belonging, security, etc. - like what's involved in 'ancestor worship', and 'revered lineages' of gurus and disciples, reams/scrolls of 'holy scriptures', 'popes', 'royal families', etc. They have all had a creative function in terms of helping humanity (civilization?) to evolve to its present point, but they are clearly a 'drag' and, in many cases very counterproductive, in terms of 'humanity' evolving further NOW. (Not that such 'traditional' sources can't be selectively 'gleaned' for perspective, wisdom, advice, etc., mind you - I personally do a lot of such 'gleaning' myself.)

Clearly though, it's high time that 'new' Source-Manifestation and Yin-Yang archetypes (models? understandings?) fully overdub, and so functionally replace, the 'old' in psyche-space.

Here's a video which I think can help uproot whatever 'grip' Eve and Adam and/or Lilith and Adam stereotypes still have in the minds of those who 'grok' its (the video's) 'message:

https://www.facebook.com/10001143954...3239037067409/

DavidSun, hello there and I really appreciate your affirmation. I couldn't agree more. Whatever power many of these traditional archetypes has, comes from our understanding of our relationship with ourselves, others, Spirit, and all that is. In many cases, that power is an artificial power-over, which as you say may have served some purpose in the distant past but our willing participation in our own mind control is no longer is required or healthy.

The dictation of our history and our archetypes and what they mean has often been misused, to oppress and control. It is the result of having given our power of understanding and ownership away at earlier points in time. We are ready now and in many cases, we are long overdue to reclaim our understanding and our ownership of our own stories.

The thing is, none of this is "natural" as some folks may assume. So I want to speak to that more in my response to you and thanks for your patience I feel that the unqualified use of that term (natural) is extremely misleading when we speak of sentient, self-aware beings with highly developed cultures and social structures. In fact, whatever humanity has been conditioned or acculturated to will seem "natural". That is, we create what is natural and right for us, and that is what will seem natural and right.

That is why the spiritual journey is so important to each of us, and to humanity as a whole. The spiritual journey is all about opening to authentic love and to Spirit, and aligning ourselves with the Authentic Love that is the ground of all being. The journey yields (or is intended to do so) a deeper apprehension that what is most natural is in fact exactly equivalent to what is most manifestly aligned with authentic love. What is manifest authentic love? Actively desiring and actively seeking the good of the other(s) equally to the self, and of self to others.

(((natural))) = (((authentic love)))

P.S. thanks for the vid link - I will check it out.
Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke