View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 06:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
Isn't calling/defining something as "mundane" also a mental interpretation by "someone?"

It just means the experience is s common that anyone can relate to it.

Quote:
Recognizing myself as myself, as the perceiver in this body is obvious, but what "this is" apart from my internal "person" noise is more than mundane isn't it?

Like the noise of the traffic or the sound of the fan blowing or birdsong in the morning?

Quote:
It is wondrous being, nothing is dragging it down or puffing it up. It is awareness without a center, without a self border. It is holiness or at least a step down that path. But then it can also be described as nothing at all for no one. I think language is always an issue so maybe you are describing what I am in your way.

I'm just saying things are this way, not someother way, and I'm aware if what its like, and that is universal in principle.

Quote:
Everything said can be taken multiple ways. Like I just described "mental interpretation" in a negative context and it is so in what I am linking that to be in my experience, but then I could also say I am involved in the discernment memory based questioning involved in putting the self away, and couldn't this also be called mental interpretation? But a boat recognized as being in the water has to be brought to shore. The words are the same eh...."mental interpretation." But then "what is mental-ing?" Writing a recipe how to make a cake verses explaining how to make a cake verses eating a cake and knowing/experiencing what that is non-verbally....

Forums are a place for expressing mental activity, for thoughts, for awareness to be focused on thoughts and thinking, mental interpretation, but they point to taking the boat to shore, to non-verbally eating the cake, experiencing the cake, beyond the conceptual description which can never be imaginary but only available in the "mundane" present now. But yea nothing mundane about the now when one has recognized mental activity as not self I don't think. It is special. Inner freedom/liberation is not mundane. But it could be! When no one is there to name it, it could be anything at all. It is both nothing to nobody and everything to all.

I was trained like, feel the air v=coming in going out. Feel sensations throughout the body, know what you do all the times, taste things, feel your feet walking on the ground, none of are spectacular things - just mundane everyday things.

Quote:
Everything someone says is truth to them in that moment. It is attention on mind, and putting those thoughts to paper, typing them out on a keyboard, or saying them aloud to someone else, or even just thinking them. Here it is, here is reality and "truth" now, these are my present thoughts, this is what is presented to my awareness right now in this moment. It is simply known as true, as undisputed truth. Everything read is true on that level, in the speaker or tellers mind. But then the truth of now as silence or "without personal meaning" is also true. How everyone is in the exact same space/place. How it is, what I am, when my attention is not on the things in my mind. Then we are exactly the same. Within and without. When simple being, love and acceptance, non-resistance to what is, is present.