View Single Post
Old 21-06-2018, 06:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles
As Gandhi said, you be the change you want the see in the world, don't tell them. Act, don't preach. I don't know why I fall in this trap, I see someone on reddit or any other social place, I try to open a door for them, be it meditation benefits or praying, chakras understanding and their logic, SR/SE practices etc... and all I get is responses from ignorant teenagers that talk back like experts, with absolutely 0 knowledge on the subject. I am not even sure why I am triggered. I think is because at the root of my intention, it was for a good cause, to help, to open a door for one who needs it to progress further. To see that you do not have to take a pill like lithium and xanax to numb your mind when instead you could take a spiritual approach, find the root of your problems, find balance, find joy, find yourself etc. I don't know why I get triggered, I usually wouldn't care. But I think I'm done. There's so much more for me to learn and practice. It is my fault I open my mouth in the wrong places. And then I realize, I am going to become selfish. Selfish in the way that I am no longer going to care into sharing knowledge with 'common' people that have no knowledge on 'spiritual' matters. It only arises annoyance and leads to empty talks with no real arguments. I will focus more on mastering what I know, on learning more and if I wish to speak about it, only do so in the appropriate places. Sure, in 'real world' I'm not making this mistake, I can read a person fairly easy. On the internet, I assume everybody is more open minded, but you never know when you are speaking with/or being replied by a 15 years old kid. I'm going to become selfish, for my own good.
The word 'selfish' has so many negative connotations. I prefer 'self-focussed' or even 'self aware' or 'self-serving'.

There comes a time in one's life (sooner or later) when they realise they are either being 'selfish' OR they are being self-sacrificing to serve the 'selfish' needs of others and so, who has more right of personal expression and the human right to exercise it? you or another person?

I feel as long as I am not hurting anybody else (other than their overinflated ego) by me 'being myself' or 'doing my own thing' why should that bother me, honestly? I am also not the 'self-sacrificing type' (to any entity other than the Divine and human egotistical behaviour is never 'Divine') and this is who/what I am and I am also happy being that way...even if those close to me call me 'selfish' or whatnot, because the word 'selfish' is only a projection i.e. "how dare you ignore my emotional needs to assert your own" and if you keep allowing others to assert their wants and needs over yours (human life is a competition for this opportunity), you become nothing more than a doormat...nobody will respect you, nobody will care you are sacrificing your happiness and livelihood for theirs.

I will only help people and not be selfish, if I see they are in need, but they don't ask me, because the very moment they do, they'll get told where to go.

"God helps those who help themselves".

Good on you.