View Single Post
Old 16-02-2016, 01:08 AM
Experiencer
Same here, I could only count on my fingers the amount of times it happened, and it was throughout the years. However this only happened as when I woke up and never as when about to sleep.

The first time it happened I wasn't sure what just happened, I told some people about it but nobody seemed to know what I was talking about and told me it was a dream. Heard it so many times that I started believing it, until it happened a second time some years later, right then I went straight on google and wrote 'sleep paralysis' and was shocked to see that this is actually a thing. I remember and see it as common, that when this happens, besides the panic, there is an attempt to scream loudly.

When it happened to me in the first times I 'simply' tried to move all my body's muscles at once and scream with the panic, and eventually I was ''breaking the ice''.

The last time it happened to me tho, it's interesting because I acknowledged what was happening from the first millisecond so to speak, and for just a bit I tried to experience it without fighting it back (prolly just one thought, and not an intention), but as my mind was racing, I quickly got raged on it (if this makes any sense) and I said "oh no, I ain't got time for this ****,, the fu*k". And I was able to move after that. It didn't happened to me after that, but I don't really think it had anything to do with how I managed to ''break the ice last time", such as instead of panicking of the unknown, to simply acknowledge it and ... well yea..

I think if it would happen to me again I'd still panic, because in those seconds you can't really know how much is this going to last, it could be easier for you to think this is something permanent rather than identify it, especially if it's the first time or after a long time.

What you are experiencing tho.. seems something like I did not experienced. It's strange how you describe it as a ''gift'', but I think that it's a good thing you see it as such, as you have embraced it, and when you do that... monsters turn into butterflies :-)