View Single Post
Old 14-06-2018, 01:55 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
BeboNow

I'm with you here. Maybe not all the way but a good deal of the way.

As a boy (I was about ten) playing in the street in London I suddenly became aware that the world surrounding me - the houses, road, asphalt, trees, in fact the whole of the everyday world as it appeared to me at that moment wasn't real. This knowledge, or rather the failing knowledge embedded itself into my very soul (so to speak). This moment of separation from 'normality' started me on a path to discover what life really is all about.

Like yourself I've had quite a number of paranormal or supernatural experiences although in contrast to yourself I look upon them as being normal but just lying outside of that which we at the moment 'know'.
However, you do say that the truth comes down to physics so you do basically (my assumption) think that there is more of this physical appearing world that meets the eye.

Personally I'm convinced that minds (human and animal at least) are completely underestimated in their power. Most of us, say 99.99%, don't know how to cross this barrier we call normal, eastern philosophy calls crossing this barrier 'enlightenment', that moment of transcending that which we recognise as being normal.

This gives me great hope. https://futurism.com/videos/brain-ha...cious-reality/

Fascinating TED video, thanks for posting the link. But at the end he says "when consciousness ends there's no need for feat at all". I'm in the school that holds that consciousness is eternal so that last statement doesn't hold with me.